Hey friends! I think it’s safe to say most of you know we don’t keep a typical wash-your-hair every-other-day routine. And, goodness knows, with the time constraints we have these days, it is a hassle to get a wash in! Charlotte and I have trained ourselves (and our scalps) to go almost a whole week without sudsing up our hair. But every once in a while, that doesn’t always work out so well. Sometimes, our hair follicles just want to produce a little bit more oil than usual. So, what’s a girl to do? Especially when doesn’t have the time? Dry shampoo, of course!
My First Time Using Dry Shampoo
Now, we girls have heard about dry shampoo before (I believe we’ve even tossed the idea around to make it ourselves.) But you know us – buying a new product means it must be made with pure, healthy ingredients. And we don’t like to waste our money either. So, the years have gone by, and none of the Boyer Sisters have tried dry shampoo. *what?!*
Just recently, however, we had the opportunity to get our hands on one that was up to par with our standards! The lovely shop, Peachy Keen Sew, sent us a bottle of their new formula to try out a little while back, and now I have the privilege of sharing my thoughts on this lovely oil-absorbing product!
A Historical Recipe
First of all, Peachy Keen Sew’s Dry Shampoo is made from an original recipe from the early 1900s, so some of our great, great grandmothers were probably using this powder at some point in their lives! That fact alone makes this a special product! Secondly, the ingredients are pure, harmless, and work. You can read the list of ingredients here. Thirdly, it comes in a little glass bottle outfitted with a powder dispensing top. This feature definitely makes for easy, mess-free application.
At first, I was terribly skeptical about trying dry shampoo. It just seemed weird to me that dusting powder onto my scalp would actually absorb the excess oil. The Peachy Keen Sew Dry Shampoo really worked its magic, though, and it was super easy to use! But just so you have a well-rounded idea of how this product works, let me share my unbiased experience.
An Unbiased Experience
- I found out very quickly that only takes a couple puffs of powder to get the shine out. All I had to do was lift up generous sections of hair, dust the shampoo on, and then gently massage my roots (not scalp).
- Did you ever hear that that dry shampoo adds texture and volume to your hair? Well, if you like those perks, you’ll love Peachy Keen Sew’s Dry Shampoo. It definitely adds both!
- After applying once, I can go two more days without washing my hair in the shower.
- Lastly, the fact that you only need a little bit of dry shampoo to get the job done means you’re not only saving time, you’re also saving money.
There are only two things I don’t like about the Dry Shampoo.
- It’s easy to go overboard and use too much. When this happens, my hair looks grey until I’ve spent a lot of time evening out the application. So easy does it when you apply.
- This product might not be helpful if you have bad dandruff. This Dry Shampoo tends to act a little bit like dandruff in that it sits on the scalp if not brushed out properly, so it can be itchy at times.
Try It Yourself!
If you’re like me and just haven’t gotten around to trying out brands of good, clean healthy dry shampoos that work, don’t look any further Peachy Keen Sew’s product. It’s only $10.50! The lady behind the shop always does a fabulous job in presenting products full of artistry and attention to detail. Plus, you’ll get great service! So, the next time you’re going out of town, or aren’t going to be able to hit the shower, remember to get yourself a bottle of this lovely Dry Shampoo! I know you’ll love it.
P.S. You can read my other review of Peachy Keen’s hair tools here. Enjoy!