Hello dears! Boy, it’s been a little while hasn’t it? But I did give you fair warning of our sporadic appearances on the site for a little while, so no one’s complaining right? 😉 It’s been so refreshing not having to think much in regards to the blog this week, and just get our minds behind our sewing machines in preparation for a very exciting event coming up (more on that in a bit). Thanks for your patience as we figure out our lives and try to find a consistent schedule to follow… it’s been a bit of a ride!
I thought a nice easy-breezy post would be to share with you a few links to articles and other things that we have been inspired by, so here goes!
- We really enjoyed this wonderful interview of B-25 Pilot Louis Breckenridge, presented by They Gave it All. Beautifully done video of an insightful story.
- This article about a couple who transformed their lives to 100% late Victorian era living is absolutely fascinating!
- I recently stumbled across Woolovers and their beautiful selection of classic women’s knitwear. I have my eye on this one for the upcoming season, so we shall see 😉
- I am eagerly anticipating dressing for the cooler weather up ahead, and this illustration of 1950s winter sportswear is simply delicious!
- A portrait of Jessica was recently drawn by a blog reader, based off a blog post photo of her (how cool is that?!)! Check it out here!
- Oh, and that “very exciting event” that I mentioned above? Well, it just so happens to be the Remembering WWII Event in Linden, TN that we will be singing at in a few weeks! Check out more here!
Now that I look back on this list, I see just how disconnected I’ve been to the social-and blog-sphere! You don’t really realize just how hard of work it is to keep up in the world wide web until you disconnect and have to jump back in, lol!
Thanks again for sticking with us during this new phase of our lives. We know the Rock we stand on is strong, and that we will weather whatever storms and gales may blow our way.
-Charlotte, the youngest sister & singer
P.S- for those of you wondering about the picture at the beginning of this post, it’s the result of a beautifully sunny Sunday afternoon picnic near the Lunken Airport in Cincinnati 🙂