Hello again! As I was attempting to come up with the copy for this post, I remembered my idea for doing one of those legendary “Awkward & Awesome” posts that come and go in the blogosphere. I always get a kick out of the ones that I read, so I thought, why not do one myself of a collection of the epic awkwards and awesomes that have come across my path in life recently? I will forewarn you that a lot of the awkwards will have to do with orthodontic adventures 😉 So let’s begin shall we?
- Your last braces adjustment being pretty much the most awkward and hard to talk/eat/function in. Ugh. Like, I literally have 1/4″ of metal and plastic protruding from my pearly whites and two thick rubber bands at the front that just won’t stop breaking… just two more weeks…
- Becoming an absolute nuisance at the orthodontist office because your two front teeth just won’t stop overlapping, so you keep having to go in to get the readjusted… ahem.
- Eating at the fellowship meal at Church this past Sunday and having to get up and replace your broken rubber band three times. Three.
- Obviously braces are very awkward.
- Starting to run for the first time in a year, and then hobbling around like a little old lady afterwards because your calf muscles are sooo soooorreee! Like, falling off a chair trying to stand up sore.
- Calling your calf muscles your shin muscles on FB, and blabbing all over the house about how sore your “shins” are, and totally worrying your parents that I might have shin splints… and then getting kindly corrected by your medical student/athlete friend at Church that those are actually your calves. *face palm*
- One of the most frequently asked questions for us girls, other than where we are from, being “how do you keep so skinny?” Uh… we were born this way?
- Being the crasher-into-the-brambly-bushes expert during a sledding adventure with friends… and then getting your head wrap stolen by one of the boys after it got caught on one of the branches of the bushes you crashed into (for the upteenth time), and the first thing you do after discovering your head wrap missing is try and make your mane of flattened, mashed up curls presentable (read: pull out all the awkwardly placed bobby pins that were keeping the head wrap in place), all the while shouting out acclamations against the thief and plotting an epic revenge. What, me? Vain? Never.
- The looks you get from friends when you try and explain how you talk to your dog… why yes, I actually do call her pookey.
- Literally, throwing a snowball like a girl. Literally. I am the definition of the phrase. *blushes*
- Taking a maturity quiz and the results saying that I am 62 years old in maturity. Just because I drink water and would get out of the way of an annoying driver? Oookay.
- Cleaning at a friends house while they’re gone, and then they arrive back home just as you’re finishing up, and you realize how odd you must look makeup-less, hair done up in a raggedy scarf, dressed in a paint splotched skirt and bleached t-shirt. So profesh.
- Realizing that you’ve become one of those girls where you can actually tell that they aren’t wearing makeup; when your Mom looks at you and remarks how you keep reminding her to put her makeup on. Yay.
Cardigan: Thrifted // Shirt: Target // Shoes: Hanna Andersson // Headband: Handmade (similar) // Flexi Clip c/o Lilla Rose
- Warm weather. Warm weather. Warmmmmm weeeaatthhherrrrr….!
- Staying outside all Sunday afternoon jump roping, climbing trees, swinging, pogo-sticking, running, basking in the warm sunshine, getting dirty feet for the first time of the year, and “doing voices” for the geese across the pond. Bliss.
- Longer days and golden hours. I can.not.wait.for.summmmerrr!!
- This girl’s Q&A video!
- Starting my photography business. *deep breath*…
- … And scheduling my first shoot! 😀
- Running again. It feels so good!
- Tulips! At last! A flower! Is it real??
- The unfailing encouragement I get from Mom when my days get super busy and stressful.
- The delicious berry smoothie that your Mom brings you during your long day of house cleaning. that.was so.good.
- The Lord teaching me how to let go of things, love others, and be a servant. I am so thankful for His everlasting love and constant presence that I feel throughout the day.
That’s all for today friends!
What’s been awkward or awesome about your life lately?
-Charlotte, the youngest sister & singer