Oh oh oh!!! We are SOOO excited for today’s post! Because guess what? Today our ever so popular How We Wear Vintage Polyvore contest returns! Only this time, we’re going to do everything with a holiday twist! For those of you who don’t know what our last contest was like, let us explain: This contest is to encourage young ladies who want to get into vintage fashion, admire the styles of eras gone by, or those who are already avid vintage wearers, to come up with a holiday outfit inspired by your favorite vintage era from the 30’s to the 60’s.
So, what do you have to do to enter the contest? Let us tell you:
You must create a Polyvore board of a holiday outfit inspired by your favorite vintage era from the 30’s to the 60’s (outfits based on styles prior to, or after those eras will not be accepted). If you don’t have a Polyvore account, don’t worry! Polyvore is free, and on top of that, it is a great tool for coming up with outfits using items already in your wardrobe, or if you are contemplating adding certain pieces to your collection of clothes.
The boards will be judged on Originality, Practicality, Authenticity, and Holiday-ness. The contest will run from today, December 20th, to December 30th at Midnight EST, and is open to international and U.S. readers.
Now that you have an overview of the contest, and before we get to the rules, let us show you the prizes that four of you have the chance of winning!
3rd Place – For 3rd place prize, is a $25 credit to Chronically Vintage, one of the best vintage jewelry and accessories shops we have ever encountered, run by one of the sweetest vintage bloggers Jessica of Chronically Vintage. The three items above are just a very small sampling of what Jessica has to offer in her amazing shop, so do check it out and browse around for a while. But be sure to come back and enter the contest!
2nd Place – In 2nd place prize, we have a $35 credit to Two Old Beans, a wonderful vintage shop run by two dear girls (who go by the lovable nicknames of Jack & Charlie). Two Old Beans has some of the best priced vintage we have ever seen, so stop by, even if you don’t plan on entering the contest.
1st Place – For 1st place prize, we have a $45 credit to HolliePoint Vintage! Jennifer runs an absolutely delightful vintage shop full of clothing, jewelry and other accessories. Whatever lucky duck wins this prize will certainly have a delightful time picking out their item of choice.
Grand Prize – Caitlin of Croatia Vintage is giving the grand prize winner a $100 credit to her shop! Just think of that girls! You could practically pick out a whole outfit for that amount, or a lovely vintage dress! If, after browsing around Croatia Vintage, you aren’t enticed to try your hand at concocting a vintage outfit, I don’t know what will convince you!
We girls are so envious of you all, and your chance of winning one of these lovely prizes! But half the fun is seeing all of the amazing ensembles you come up with. With that said, let’s get on to the rules, shall we?
These are mandatory, and you must abide by them, otherwise you will be disqualified from the contest.
1. You must put a link to your Polyvore outfit board along with your email (you can put your email in this form: name(at)townsville(dot)com so that no one can grab it) in the comments below. Any other entry, such as mentioning us on Polyvore on your board, sending us your board through Polyvore, etc. WILL NOT be accepted.*
2. One board entry per person! Extra boards will not be accepted.
3. ONLY ONE OUTFIT per board.
4. Your boards must retain modest standards. No racy or pin-up styles please. We will not chose those boards to win.
5. No copycatting. If we find two very similar boards, we retain the right to disqualify the most recently created board.
6. No items with a value of over $200 may be included on your Polyvore board. Remember, one of the judging criteria is Practicality.
7. Please DO NOT mention your name, or blog name on your board.
8. Please DO NOT create a super fancy outfit. Though we are asking you to create a Holiday outfit, we ask that you keep it to something that you would wear for Christmas day, or a Holiday family dinner.
Now that we have all of the Do-Nots listed, shall we get on to the Please-Do’s?
1. Please be creative, practical, authentic, and create a delightful casual Holiday inspired outfit.
2. Make sure your outfit is holiday themed. Any summery, fall, or spring inspired outfits will not be accepted.
3. Please do be modest in your clothing choices.
4. Have your Polyvore board turned in before Midnight, December 30th EST.
5. Create an outfit YOU would wear, not something you think WE would chose!
6. Create a comfortable, fashionable outfit that you would wear on Christmas day, or to a Holiday family dinner.
7. Please do create ONE holiday outfit based on one of the eras in this series: 30’s-60’s.
8. Most importantly: Enjoy Yourself!
You already know the judges, we three girls, Jessica, Brigid and Charlotte Boyer.
The standards we will be judging the boards by are explained below:
Originality: Creativity in ensemble and accessory choices, and showing a strong sense of personality.
Practicality: Frugality in the monetary items on your board (but remember, quality over quantity!), and the wearability of the outfit.
Authenticity: Authenticity to your inspirational era, as well as authenticity to your personal taste.
Holiday-ness: How well the holiday/Christmas spirit shows through in your outfit. We will be judging by colors, accessory choices, etc.
Each category will be judged on a scale of 1 to 10 with a possibility of up to 40 points!
So, does everyone understand how the contest works? If not, feel free to ask us ANY questions in the comments below. If you understand, then what are you waiting for? Head on over to Polyvore, and get creating! We cannot wait to see all of your fabulous holiday outfits that you’ll come up with!
* If you are having trouble commenting, please email us at: boyerfamilysingers(at)gmail(dot)com, and we will see if we can remedy the problem.
CREDITS // Author: Brigid Boyer; Graphics: Charlotte Boyer