Don’t worry, this is no April Fools post! I’ve been caught off-gaurd enough by social media users today to want to cause any tom-foolery myself 😉 Now I am cautiously viewing every blog post or instagram, attempting to discover the tricks before they discover me, haha! ANYway…
After some feedback on yesterday’s post from our readers on how to participate in the “1 Button-Down | 3 Days | 3 Ways” event, we thought it logical to do a whole post on the details of participating in the challenge, so that we are all on the same page when Thursday rolls around. I think what you all were the most confused about were the event buttons, and how/when to use them, so we’ll deal with that first 🙂
The Event Buttons
So how do you get the event buttons on your blog’s sidebar? It’s actually very straightforward, and simply entails a lot of copying (CMD+C on a Mac; CTRL+C on a PC) and pasting (CMD+V on a Mac; CTRL+V on a PC). So here we go 😀
First, copy the code that is in the text box directly below the event button, making sure that you highlight all of the code when you copy it.
Now, go to blogger > layout. At the very top of the gadgets column that represents your sidebar you will see a “Add a Gadget” link. Click on that, and a little window will pop up with a selection of gadgets to choose from.
Now, scroll through the library of gadgets until you come to an “HTML/Java Script” gadget. Click the little “+” button, which will then switch your screen to a little dialog box. This is where you will paste the code you copied from the event button. Add any title you want (or none at all) to the title section of the window, and hit save. You can drag this gadget wherever you want along your sidebar. After you have found a satisfactory station for your button to be placed, hit the save button at the top right corner, and you’re done! Super simple 🙂
Now, if you would like to add the button to a blog post, simply copy and paste the blog button code into that post, wherever you would like for it to appear. Keep in mind that if your text begins from the left, then your button will appear on the left side of the post. This is true for any text-alignment that you have set for your post. If you would like your button to appear in the middle of your post, first make the text-alignment centered using the alignment button on the post editor, then paste in your code.
Be sure to display the buttons on your blog before the event, so that other young ladies can find out and plan for this Thursday!
The Event Rules
- Select 1 button-down to wear from the 3rd-5th of April. This means that you must choose 1 button-down blouse to wear this Thursday-Saturday. It can be brand-new, super-old, borrowed, blue, pink, checked… the sky’s the limit! Just make sure that it buttons down (or up!) the front 🙂
- You must style the blouse 1 different way each day. This means that for each day of the challenge, you find a new way to wear your button-down! There are dozens of methods for styling this basic piece of clothing! If you’re stumped, check out our group Pinterest board created especially for the event for creative, unique inspiration!
- Take pictures of your outfit each day and post them on your blog or instagram. This rule is really self-explanatory. Take pictures everyday of how you styled the blouse, and post them to your blog or instagram so that we all can see your creativity and style shine through! If you are in need of some direction post-wise, check out our outfit posts.
- Please make sure that the outfits you post are modest (i.e- nothing too far above the knee, or too far below the collar bone). We recognize that we all have our own principles of modesty and understanding of moral standards of dress. Just go by what are your standards, but make sure you keep classy and conservative, and cover what needs to be covered 🙂
- If you are participating via your blog, you can share your daily outfit with all of us via the linky widget each of the hosts will attach to the end of their outfit posts for that day. All of us will have the same widget, so everyone gets to be inspired by everyone’s creativity and unique style! You will understand this rule best when the event finally takes place. If you want to see what this will actually look like, check out Ashley’s past blog events (here and here). Linky widgets are a standard element of fashion events like these, and are very straight-forward. Simply copy the link to your blog post and paste it where the widget tells you. 🙂 We are not for sure how long the linkies will be open for, as that is up to Ashley to determine since she is the one in charge of that part of the event. We are all very understanding, gracious people, so if you get your post up a day late, you don’t need to worry! Ashley typically leaves the link open for a while for the stragglers 😉
- Please make sure that if you are participating via your blog, you either include one of the buttons in your post, or link back to one of the hosts (us, Callie, Ashley, or Olivia). This rule is here so that the ladies who are hosting the event are recognized and given link love. We already discussed pasting a button into your blog post, so you already have that down! Yay!
- If you are participating via Instagram, be sure to share your outfit with the hashtag #1top3days! If you use instagram, then you know what we mean when we tell you to use the hashtag #1top3days. This entry option is open to bloggers as well! If you posted an entry to the challenge on your blog, that doesn’t mean you can’t post to your instagram too. I know that’s what we’ll be doing 🙂
- The challenge runs from the 3rd-5th of April (Thursday-Saturday). Super-duper simple. Just giving you the dates of the challenge 🙂
- Be sure to share the event on your blog with the buttons attached below! We already covered how to do this above, so you have that handy skill under your belt. Like I already mentioned, make sure that you display the buttons before this Thursday, so that your readers can find out about the challenge and join in!