I better give you all a heads up that today’s Hope Chest post marks the second to last… yes! The very last…! *sniff* Hem hem! I do, however, plan to lengthen the process of saying goodbye to this series through a welcomed interruption. With the many complements and one sincere request I received on my hair this past C.O.S., I have decided to make a little tutorial video on pin curls, and put it up next tuesday instead of my usual Hope Chest post. Sound like a plan ladies? I hope so!
Well now. Down to business. With the many handy 16th birthday hope chest gifts, I also received a few little decor things that speak to me on a more personal level. I must let you all in on a little secret of mine – I have a great keenness for the the feathered creatures in this world of ours. I have always loved birds, ever since I can remember. And for the same length of time I have dreamed of flying just like them. So when a theme for my birthday presents was asked after, I promptly said, “Oh any thing with birds on it, and hints of green, please.” And that is just what I got!
1. Is a little package of green, tea candles, in the shape of birds, I received at my 16th birthday party
2. A little vase from the Marjolein Bastin nature collection, gifted by Mom
3. A giant coffee mug with beautiful prints on front and back, I received at my 16th birthday party
4. a simple little vase I found at GoodWill
Aren’t they just so precious? This might sound sentimental, but I don’t know if I could ever light them – their beauty would surely melt away. 😉
5. This charming vintage piece of silver, made by Oneida, was found at an estate sale
6. The lovely cobalt blue pottery wear plate was given to me at my 16th B-day party
It looks like our dear friends new my weakness for birds pretty well. I couldn’t have found a sweeter serving platter!
Who here doesn’t love nesting bowls? Could I ask for better hand painted vessels than these? Nope. I don’t believe I could! These were also given to me from some very good friends of ours for my 16th birthday. I was well supplied that day. I wish you could have seen the table full of bags and tissue – I couldn’t believe my eyes!
I have yet to look up this pottery company…