I just want to start off this post with a huge THANK YOU to all a our readers for getting us to 100! You all are truly amazing, and we couldn’t have gotten as far as we are now with out you to motivate and encourage us in our little ministry. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Bran muffins have to be one of the biggest muffin-staples there is. They are healthy, taste delicious (especially hot with butter melted on the inside…), and aren’t one of those overly-sweet breakfast foods. They are also very customizable in that you can add in dried fruits and seeds to spunk up the flavor a bit. My mom tried out this recipe (adding in her own alterations and touches here and there) a few weeks ago, and I thought it might be nice to share on the blog, so here you go 🙂
recipe originally from here. Makes about a dozen muffins.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (the original recipe recommends whole wheat pastry flour.)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar (we use organic cane sugar from Costco)
- 1 1/2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- you can also add in poppy seeds, or even raisins if you like
- muffin cups