So, this summer, spring really, I have a LOT to do!!! three t-shirts (or was it four?) to make, a few skirts, another bathing suit for myself (my old one is too small. Already?), not to mention a party dress for an upcoming very special event, and the petticoat to go beneath it! AHHHHH!!!! Where do I get all that time?
Anyways, I thought you all would like to see some of the fabric and patterns of some of the articles of clothing I hope to make this spring/summer; in no particular order of course. ;P
I got some knit recently from Girl Charlee (I must say they have WONDERFUL service), that I am hoping to make into some T-shirts. Here are the knits that I purchased:
|#1 source // #2 source|
1) I am hoping to turn the red heather knit above into just a basic tee, with some added detail of course.
2) This knit, aptly named shabby chic shelves, I am hoping to turn into a t-shirt similar to the one I wore in this post (the first outfit with the floral skirt); only instead of the lace yoke, I am going to make a lattice work yoke with strips of the knit. We’ll see how that goes!
This mustard chevron is going to be transformed into one of two dress styles, I’m just not sure which one yet. 😛
|fabric source // #1 source // #2 source|
1) One option, perhaps more practical, and definitely easier than option #2, would look something like the above dress. I would make it longer of course, but you get the idea: Basic tee with a circle skirt added on.
2) for my second option I would make view B (from my own copycat drafted pattern naturally!)
Now, this year, I want to make my bathing suit COMPLETELY different from last year’s! In other words I want it to look 1940’s.
In the old terms, it would be called a dressmakers suit, and I want it to look something like the below seen pattern illustration.
Now, I am going to add shorts extending to the knee, for modesty’s sake, but other than that, and making the neckline a few inches higher, the design will be pretty much the same! Oh! And here are the fabrics I am debating between:
|#1 source // #2 source //|
They are both wet look spandex, but I just can’t decide which one I like better. Everyone in my family says that the coral will look better on me, but the mallard (yes, that is what that beautiful aqua blue is called) is just so sleek, and cries out “bathing suit” more to me than the coral does. Though, in my mind, each would look wonderfully smashing!
Special Event Dress
1) I am planning on making this 1950’s underpinning essential out of some pink metallic silk organza. It will be positively perfect having a whirl of pink-gold peeking beneath my teal dress when I twirl! Oh, speaking of the dress…
2) I am going to make some alterations to the neckline, and I will NOT tell you which view I’m making. You’ll just have to wait and see the final creation. 😉
The Middle Sister and Singer
P.S. I ended up ordering the blue swimsuit fabric, a week ago, and I’m getting it in the mail, hopefully, today!