“Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.” (Psalm 119: 11; NKJV)
Hello Dear Readers!
Recently I have challenged myself to memorizing the book of Proverbs, one chapter a week; So, I was wondering if you all would like to join in! I have already memorized the first two chapters, and thus will end, Lord willing, by November 5th. This will be a memorize-at-your-own-pace sort of deal, and I will be doing check-up posts about every two weeks. So… to capture that all into some simple guidelines:
- Memorize one chapter a week (I memorize at night, and while I am sewing)
- The Goal is to be done before the end of the year, if possible in 31 weeks.
- DO NOT make this into a race or anything! PLEASE!!! This is meant to be a personal challenge, and NOT a competition.
And a few of my personal tips on memorization:
- Everyone has their own method of memorizing, whether it be movement, tapping, jump-roping even. Mine is to rock back and forth, repeating a phrase over and over.
- Be Patient! Recite the same phrase as many times as possible to solidify it in your mind.
- It is possible (for me, and maybe you!) to memorize while you are doing something! Your progress will just be slower.
- Experiment with different methods of memorization (as I mentioned in the first tip). What works for me might be impossible for you, and vice versa. Try new things, and don’t be afraid to tread where you have never gone before.
- PRAY!!! It is only by appealing to God for strength and perseverance that we can achieve the goals which we have set forth, so please, pray for yourself, and pray for all of us.
Are you all ready? I am! Let me know if you are planning on joining! I would love to read all of your comments and questions, and have some support in this effort. 🙂