Overnight Sweet Rolls
The Best of Favorite Recipes from Quilters
We make these at least twice a month, good Saturday breakfast.
Top with cream cheese frosting.
Makes 18 servings.
4 Cups Flour
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Margarine (we use BUTTER!)
1 pkg yeast
1/4 Cup very warm water
1 Cup Milk
2 Eggs, beaten
Soft Margarine (we use BUTTER!)
1 Cup Sugar and 1tsp cinnamon,
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 2-3 Tbs milk, 1 block cream cheese, 2 tsp. grated orange rind
1. In a large bowl combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar and salt. Cut in 1 cup butter into dry ingredients.
2. Sprinkle yeast into very warm water and stir until dissolved.
3. Scald milk and cool to lukewarm. Add yeast, milk and eggs to flour mixture. Toss until well mixed.
Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight
4. Roll our dough to a huge rectangle making it 1/4 inch thick. Use flour to keep from sticking to surface
You can divide dough in half and make rectangle this size – 12×18″. Spread with soft butter (2-3 Tbls.).
5. Combine 1 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over rolled out dough. Roll up and cut into 1 inch pieces. Arrange in baking dish (we use 11×14) sprayed with cooking spray.
6. Bake 400 for 15 minutes.
7. Combine powdered sugar and 2-3 Tbls milk. We add a block of cream cheese and mix until smooth. Drizzle or spread over hot rolls. Sprinkle with grated orange rind.
I thought this photo turned out so good I had to share the whole experience.